Location: Calgary, Alberta
WHEN / HOW I STARTED PLAYING
I was in University taking Engineering and I would always see other students playing foosball during their spares or at lunch. I really didn’t think that the game looked that hard and thought I was rather silly at first. Then one day they normal foosball crew needed a goalie and asked if I would play. After a little bit of convincing I played and got my butt kicked! The game was way harder than I thought and I was hooked on it ever since. By the end of university I was by far the strongest player and even won a free foosball table in a large campus wide tournament.
HOW THAT LED TO TOURNAMENT PLAY
Need the end of my Engineering schooling I was lucky enough to get a co-op term in Calgary. Soon after arriving in Calgary I Googled “Calgary Foosball Leagues” and lucky for me there was a league. The crew running the league were all tournament level players and I quickly started to learn that I was not a good as I thought I was. After my co-op term finished I graduated and got a job in Calgary. That year I went to the Hall of Fame Classic tournament in Las Vegas and took 3rd place in an Amateur event. After that I was hooked on tournament play for the last 13 years.
OUTSIDE OF FOOSBALL
I am a practicing Materials Engineer in the plastics industry. Still living in Calgary and loving the outdoor lifestyle it provides. Weather that is hiking or skiing.
TITLES WON / ACHIEVEMENTS
- Las Vegas Hall of Fame Classic
- Amateur Doubles 1st Place 2007
- Expert Doubles 1st Place 2012
- Pro Doubles 1st Place 2012
- Semi Pro Singles 2nd Place 2008
- 5/6th Place Open Singles 2016
- Texas State Championships
- 2nd Place Pro Doubles
- Colorado State Championships
- 3rd Place Open Singles
- Utah State Championships
- 1st Place Expert Doubles 2005
- Member of ITSF Team Canada 2011
- 5th Place Team Event
- Western Canada Foosball Tournaments
- Foozapalooza – 1st place semi pro doubles 2005